Saturday, January 10, 2015

Hello, and welcome to my blog!

My name is Michelle, and I've been a music teacher for just over 18 years. During my childhood I was surrounded by music, so I guess you could say I was destined to go into the music field.  The funny thing is that I originally went to college for music education, because it seemed like a logical choice. I loved music, but did not have a particular interest in teaching. However, as I went further into my studies and began student teaching, I discovered that teaching and working with choral ensembles was a passion for me.

Each year in my teaching career, I have taken on new challenges.  Not only have I seen changes in my students' passion for music, but I have changed as well. I am so fortunate to be in a career that I enjoy and personally grow from the experience.  With the popularity of technology in the classroom and for professional networking, joining "the club" as a music education blogger is the next step for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment